Okemos, Mich. — The Delta Dental Foundation (DDF) recently awarded more than $170,000 to 47 community-based oral health programs and organizations in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. The Community Mini-Grants program is an initiative designed to increase dental access to underserved and high-risk populations, provide educational programming on the importance of oral health and how it relates to overall health and identify, and reduce health disparities related to oral and overall health. Each grant was limited to a maximum of $5,000.
“These grants may seem small, but they have an outsized impact on the communities they benefit," said Holli Seabury, EdD, executive director for the DDF. “The programs and initiatives they’re undertaking are making a measurable difference and are helping fill gaps within our public health system.”
Recipients were selected based on criteria including the number of at-risk children or adults served by the program, the program’s originality, the program’s level of community involvement and ability to measure success and long-term results. This year's grantees include:
- AgeWell Services of West Michigan
- Baxter Community Center
- Corporation for Artistic Development
- Covenant Community Care, Inc.
- Cristo Rey Community Center
- Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians
- Great Lakes Bay Health Centers
- Henry Ford Health System
- Honor Community Health
- Love in Action of the Tri-Cities
- Macomb Community Action
- Malta Medical and Dental Clinic
- Mel Trotter Ministries
- My Community Dental Centers
- Punks with Lunch Lansing
- Second Chance at Life, Inc.
- Smiles on Wheels
- Special Olympics Michigan, Inc.
- The Bonnell Foundation
- The Care Store
- U.P. Superior Smiles
- VINA Community Dental Center
- Vista Maria
- Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
- Columbus Public Health Dental Sealant Program
- Compassionate Care of Shelby County, Inc.
- Euclid Senior Programs
- Family Health Services
- Good Neighbor House
- Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
- Marion Public Health
- Miami County Dental Clinic
- Monroe County Health Department
- Summa Health
- The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Valley View Health Centers
- CAECI Early Head Start
- Community Transportation Network
- Damar Services
- Healthy Smiles of Indiana, Inc.
- Heart and Soul Clinic, Inc.
- Hope Healthcare Services
- Maple City Health Care Center
- Matthew 25, Inc.
- The Isaiah 1:17 Project
- WellSpring Dental
The next round of Community Mini-grants will open on Aug. 15, 2022. To be notified about future grant opportunities, sign up for our newsletter.