Everyone Deserves a Healthy Smile
McMillen Health developed Access for All Smiles, a dental health resource for caregivers of adults with disabilities. This resource will help professional and family caregivers learn:
- The importance of dental health for the adults they support.
- Best practices for daily mouth care.
- Behavior support techniques to make daily mouth care a success.
- How to encourage the desires and goals of the adults they support.
This self-guided resource is broken down into easy-to-understand topics, such as Daily Care Basics and Adaptations and Positions. Each topic includes:
- Short, engaging videos.
- Motivational interviewing tips to support adults with disabilities.
- Short, written modules.
- Interactive handouts that can be used as added support tools.
Download the Guide
You can download the guide in full or you can download individual sections below:
Watch the Videos
Although each video is linked in the full guide, you can also watch them below:
Professional Advisory Group
Thank you to the members of the Professional Advisory Group who helped make the development of this curriculum possible:
- Kelly Bermingham, MA, BCBA, SHRM-CP, Social Skills Learning Collaborative, Easterseals Southern California
- Paul Glassman, DDS, MA, MBA, California Northstate University College of Dental Medicine
- Gary Goldstein, DDS, MA, MA, New York Developmental Disabilities Advisory Council
- Darlene Jones, RDH, MPH, University of Michigan
- Camie Powell, Special Olympics Arkansas
- Holli Seabury, EdD, Delta Dental Foundation
- Crystal Spring, RDH, LAP, Smiles Across Montana
- Chrissy Stephen, RDH, MS, McMillen Health
- Barbie Vartanian, New York University College of Dentistry
- Allen Wong, EdD, DABSCD, American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Special Care Dentistry Association